Dog Hair Clippers
Grooming is essential for many dog breeds to ensure their fur remains silky and glossy. The same principle applies to dogs with short hair. As an owner, you always want to make sure your dog looks its best. You can easily achieve this with our hair clippers.
Our professional dog clippers are user-friendly, whether you are a beginner or have been cutting your pet's fur for years. Additionally, when you purchase our trimmers, you can expect a cordless, heavy-duty, low noise, and high-quality product that enables you to groom your dog effectively.
Dog Grooming Kit Key Features
What can you expect when you pay for our dog clippers? The product includes:
- A rechargeable built-in li-ion battery
- Sharp and safe ceramic blade
- Ultra-quiet design and low vibration
- Four guard combs
- Metal comb
A Rechargeable Built-in Li-ion Battery
You can get a few uses from one charge, as it lasts for approximately 300 minutes. Another beneficial factor is that you can use the device on matted fur while it is charging. How long do you have to wait before the battery is completely charged? The trimmers' battery fully charges within three hours, so you do not have to wait for long periods to start grooming your pets.
Apart from the 3.7V 1200MAH battery, the dog grooming kit includes an Australian plug.
Sharp and Safe Ceramic Blade
You can expect the best cutting performance with the ceramic fixed blade. Easy use and the test of time are not an issue regarding these pet clippers. The blades are detachable, which means it is simple to remove, clean, and change when cutting through your pet's coat.
Quiet Design and Low Vibration
These dog clippers are ideal as they are manufactured with sound technology and low vibration. This specific technology reduces friction between the blades and fur, which reduces the noise. Why do you need this silencer technology and noise absorption regarding pet clippers? These characteristics ensure that your dog is not bothered or troubled by loud noises, making the grooming process much more convenient and enjoyable for you and your dog.
Four Guard Combs
The 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm guard clipper combs and four levels of blade adjustment prove to be useful whether you are a beginner or professional groomer. These details help you to cut animal' coats to the exact required length.
You can have simple and cost-effective dog grooming in the comfort of your own home. Adjustable clipping combs are suitable for trimming long and short-haired cats and dogs. The detachable guide combs also ensure that you easily and quickly change the combs, which increases the versatility and power during the process. The various positive reviews on our shop back this up!
How to Prep for Dog Grooming
There are a few factors to note before you start grooming your pet; these include maintenance and checks. Performing this ensures that the clipper remains in optimal working condition and that it offers all the correct benefits for the grooming session. Take note of the following:
- Ensure the steel blades do not have rust, are sharp, and that there are no broken teeth on the clipper.
- The clippers should be completely charged before use. Since it takes between two to three hours for the battery to be fully charged, you can plan appropriately.
- Oil the clipper steel blades before using them. This is essential as it prevents the steel clipper from getting stuck and ensures a longer blade life.
- Make sure to do thorough research on the correct techniques to use when trimming your dog's fur. Different dog breeds have various types of fur, which means there are several methods for grooming their coats. You have to follow the recommended levels of trimming to ensure you are looking after your animals correctly. One should also consider leaving their pets with slightly longer hair during the winter or cooler months.
How to Use the Dog Clippers
Before using steel dog clippers to cut your dog's fur, make sure he or she is clean. You should give them a bath and ensure their coat is completely dry with a hairdryer. This keeps the fur as clean and smooth as possible and prevents debris from clogging the pet clippers.
To clear any remaining knots and dirt, groom your pet with a high-quality dog or cat brush in the kit. To avoid snagging, it is best if you can remove as many knots as possible. Although the steel dog clippers can remove these knots, you want a smooth and quiet glide to avoid causing your pet any anxiety.
There are times when your dog's fur is extremely long due to long-term growth, which means knots may refuse to loosen their grip after brushing and washing. To resolve these issues, cut out the knots with scissors and cut any longer hair before using the dog clippers kit. Make sure that you move the clippers slowly in the direction of your dog's fur.
Can You Cut Your Own Dog's Hair?
You can most certainly groom your dog at home for a fraction of the price; however, there are specific things you must and must not do. Let us take a look at these tips.
What to Do
Keep the following in mind:
- Invest in the correct tools - Research the best grooming tool, nail trimmers, brushes, teeth cleaning tools, shampoos, and hairdryers for the different types of dog coats. Find the best quality tools that are within your price range.
- Use a brush specifically made for your pet's breed. For example, sleeker brushes are ideal for long-haired breeds, whereas bristle brushes are the best for short-haired dog breeds. You can double-check with a veterinarian or professional groomer to ensure you are using the best options for your pets.
- Once you have selected the ideal brush for your dog's coat, groom them regularly to remove debris and dirt, prevent matte coats, control shedding, and ensure maximum shine.
- Make use of a damp towel to get rid of any mud, dirt, or sand that may grip onto your pet's coat.
- During the grooming session, make sure your pets do not have ticks. If they do, ask your veterinarian for the safest removal methods. A variety of products exist to make the removal process easier and to save your pet's skin.
- Do not forget about your pet's paws! Make sure their paws are clean and that the pads are not cracked or dry in any way. Excessive hair growth between the toes may also become matted or lead to other issues, which you may pay the price for at a later stage. Carefully trim this hair without cutting your dog.
- Trim your dog's nails when necessary. If you are nervous about this, you may ask a groomer to show you how to do it. Once your dog is used to the procedure, it is quick and safe.
- Ensure that all products and equipment are easily accessible before you start the grooming process. You do not want to leave your dog unattended every few minutes to fetch something else you need. Make sure to shop around for everything you need first.
- Does your dog have hair that covers his or her eyes? Clean this with a damp cloth and cut the hair so it does not bother them. When trimming, you want to ensure that no hair falls into your pet's eyes as this causes irritation.
- Each week wipe the inside of your dog's ears with a soft cloth or moist cotton ball. Conduct a proper search throughout the inside of their ears to ensure there is no swelling, redness, discharge, or debris. This is essential as it helps you to identify any possible signs of an infection.
- Brush your dog's teeth regularly. Dental issues may lead to more severe problems in a dog, which is why you need to at least brush their teeth a few times a week. Keeping up with this routine is much better than having to pay for costly dental bills over the years. The correct grooming techniques help you to save a great deal of money when it comes to looking after your pets.
- Try to use veterinarian-approved grooming products and equipment on your dogs to keep their coats healthy and shiny.
What You Must Not Do
Avoid the following during the grooming process:
- Do not use human hygiene and beauty products on your pets, such as toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner. The chemicals in some of these products can be toxic to dogs.
- Avoid trying to clip your dog's nails if you have not been taught the proper technique or are uncomfortable doing it. You need the correct tool and grip to avoid causing pain and bleeding to your dog.
- If you notice any injuries or wounds on your dog, do not attempt to treat them by yourself. Make an appointment with a veterinarian.
- Ensure you have the correct training before clipping or shaving your dog's fur. Familiarize yourself with the specific grooming requirements for your dog breed so you use the correct tool.
- Do not bathe your dog outdoors when there is a cool temperature as this may result in potentially dangerous drops in their body temperature.
Can I Use Human Hair Clippers on a Dog?
No, it is not recommended to use human hair clippers on a dog. Keep in mind that dog grooming clippers are manufactured and designed with your dog's safety or pet hair in mind. The power levels in each device differ from one another.
Additionally, the motor on human clippers is not ideal for your pet as it is not designed for long-term usage, and the vibrations or noise can increase your dog's anxiety levels. It also lacks the specific degree of power needed to cut through the thick and longer fur.
Pet hair clippers are the best option as the blade is able to glide through thick and long-haired coats, which makes your job much more convenient and easier.
While it is not impossible to use human clippers on a dog, and it could get the job done, it might not be worth the risk as your dog may become distressed. Pet clippers would be the best option for both you and your dog.
However, what are the main differences between human and dog clippers? The variations can be divided into the following categories:
- The motor
- The blades
- Different speeds
- Grooming comb
- Cordless or cord
The motor used in pet clippers is much more quiet than those used in human clippers. Hence, dog clippers have softer vibrations which are easier to handle as they do not cause stress to your pets.
A lighter motor also means that the clippers can run longer. A human clipper usually builds up heat quickly, but people only intend to use it for a few minutes. Dog clippers are used for extended periods; hence, they need to stay cool on your animal's body.
The type of blade used can make a significant difference regarding your dog's fur. This is not the case with a human clipper.
A dog clipper tends to operate at faster speeds because they need to perform more strokes per minute. This has to be done without jamming the blade through the animal's thick coat of fur.
Several dog clippers have multiple speed settings. People often use the slower options for precise or delicate grooming, such as the face area. Make sure to check the reviews as cheaper options often have fewer speed settings.
The grooming guard or comb that comes in the kit is used to fit over the clipper blade. This allows the groomer to adjust the tool to the desired length. Human clippers do have combs; however, a pet comb is manufactured to cut thick or long coats.
Cordless or Cord
The cord attached to corded dog clippers is usually fairly long as it enables you to work around your pets easily. However, cordless clippers are designed for free movement around the dog. A cordless clipper is usually more beneficial during the trimming process if your dog is uncomfortable. Feel free to shop online for the best option for your pet.
Human clippers are generally also available in these two options.
What Are the Best Hair Clippers for Dogs?
The best hair clippers for dogs are the ones that keep the following details in mind:
Speeds are crucial when it comes to clippers. The best clippers often have multiple speed settings for you to choose from.
A single-speed clipper is often ideal for smaller dogs who do not have voluminous fur. Beginners often enjoy this speed as it is simple and efficient in achieving a basic trim.
Two or three-speed clippers are excellent options for larger dogs with thick, dense, or a long length of hair.
The best clippers are those that do not build up heat. Excessive heat levels can burn the skin of your dog, which may result in tissue damage that leads to infection.
Dogs hear sounds on a much more intense level than humans do. Therefore, if the buzzing sound of a pair of clippers is bothering you, it is even worse for your dog.
This is why our animal clippers are one of the best options. Our reduced-noise and quiet motor ensure that your dog or cat has a pleasant grooming experience.
The best clippers often include oil to lubricate the blades. This is an essential step that you must not forget to do. You should also make sure that the blades are designed with durable and high-quality materials such as ceramic, stainless steel, or titanium.
After using the clippers, you need to clean and oil the blades once again. During this process make sure you point the blades towards the ground to prevent any grease from building up in the main compartment of the clippers.
A cordless clipper is also easier to care for than other alternatives on the market. The price is also another factor to consider when determining the best tool for you and your dog. Keep in mind that the price you pay is generally a reflection of the variety of features you can expect from the clippers.
The Best Option
Is it time for your dog to get a haircut? Grooming your pet is an essential part of taking care of them and their health. Trimming your dog is an excellent way to keep them cool and prevent any skin issues from matted pet hair.
You do not need to take your cats or dogs to a professional groomer every time you want to give them a trim. This can be extremely time-consuming, and the price might be too hard on your wallet. Are you able to pay for your dog to go to the groomers on a weekly basis? Most people are not, which is why dog clippers are the best option!
With a pair of high-quality clippers and a comb, you can learn how to give your dog the best trim at home for a fraction of the price.